As Laxas Wine Cellars: Centuries of wine
In the Condado do Tea sub-area, the land in Arbo is shy and mysterious. In this dreamy and silent environment, the As Laxas estate has been making wine since the end of the 19th century and since then has been able to incorporate the techniques and technologies inherent to each era. It was one of the first wineries to join together to form the "Rías Baixas" Regulatory Council and currently has several internationally prestigious brands: the Albariño "Laxas" and "Bágoa do Miño", the sparkling brut 100% Albariño "Sensum Laxas" and "Sensum Laxas Selección Familiar". Recently they have also incorporated a red wine under the D.O. Ribeira Sacra, "Val do Sosego Mencía", thus completing the perfect catalogue to satisfy the most demanding palates. All of them are sold in the national market as well as in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Panama, Costa Rica, Brazil, Puerto Rico, Japan, the Philippines, Australia, Germany, Ireland, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Norway, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Poland and Portugal.
Each harvest, more than 1 million kilos of grapes are processed in this winery, 60% of which come from vineyards owned by the winery, and the remaining 40% are purchased from specially selected winegrowers in the area.
The confirmation of years of work and rigour in production as well as the acceptance of consumers and critics specialised in the sector are the international prizes awarded to its wines: Zarcillo de Oro (Castilla y León), Bacchus de Oro and Baco de Oro (Unión Española de Catadores, Madrid), Gold Medal at Mundus Vini (Germany), Gold Medal at the Challenge International du Vin (France), as well as the Acio de Oro at the Catas de Galicia 2022 for the sparkling Sensum Laxas Selección Familiar.
More Info in our Corporate Website: www.aslaxas.com